Welcome to our new website! If you are looking for a place for your child for September 2022, we'd love to show you around. Come and see everything we have to offer, including our brand new YR playground!

Cherry Playground

I hope you are all enjoying the first official day of the summer holidays.
I'm sorry to interrupt your first day but I have some exciting news and I couldn't wait to share it!
Late on Friday evening, I heard from the diocese that they have approved our bid to have Cherry playground re-done. Earlier this year, we worked with the Hampshire School Landscape team to design our perfect Cherry playground - as you know the current playground has seen better days and needs updating. We then had 3 different companies quote for the project and staff and governors spent time going through all quotes, choosing our preferred option and then adapting it and tweaking it until we were happy with the final design. We have been waiting for a while to find out if the diocese would be prepared to pay for the development (as a church school they fund 90% of work like this and as a school we fund the other 10% from a special fund that can only be used on building and ground developments) and I had almost given up hope! However on Friday I heard our project had been given the thumbs up!
I've attached the plans, so that you can see what it is going to look like. There is also an artist's impressions (although be aware that this was from one of the earlier plans so is not 100% accurate). However, I find it much easier to imagine what the area will look like from the picture than from the plan, which is 100% accurate!
I have had people from the company out today to do an initial survey and we are hoping to have the work done over October half term - keep your fingers cross for us.
Mrs Bartlett